Describe your home
Do you rent or own your home?
Please choose one
Describe a typical weekday for your family
Describe a typical weekend for your family
Does anyone in your family have a dietary restriction/adhere to vegetarian diet?
Each host family applying to host a WEP student is required to provide two references (non-relatives) from members of their community who know them well and who visited them in the home within the last year:
Our family has decided to host a student with WEP-USA, so that by sharing our lives with an international visitor, we may gain exposure to new ideas and perspectives and promote international friendship.
As a host family with WEP-USA:
- We will welcome our student as a member of our family and assist in our students’ adaptation to our family lifestyle as well as to the US life and culture.
- We will provide a safe and nurturing home environment for our student, including a bed (private room is required for full year programs), study area.
- We are expected to provide three meals a day that should be varied and nutritious. If a student chooses not to take a prepared lunch from home, they may purchase lunch at school at their own expense.
- We will read the WEP-USA Host Family Handbook, and other information to be provided in our Host Family Welcome Packet, to prepare for our student’s arrival and hosting experience. We will become familiar with WEP-USA student rules and expectations.
- We will help our student meet other Americans through introductions to friends, neighbors and classmates, and by encouraging our student to join clubs and sports.
- We will help arrange necessary transportation for our student by driving him/her, or providing access to a bicycle, a public bus or through rides with friends.
- We will help our student become familiar with our community and its resources such as local recreational facilities, sights, shopping areas, library.
- We will neither allow or encourage our student to violate WEP-USA policies, or the law, and will immediately report any such violation to our Support Counselor or WEP-USA office.
- We will attend and facilitate the attendance of our student at WEP-USA required programs, including his/her community orientation and re-entry meeting.
- We will expect contact on a monthly basis from our Support Counselor and will call him/her if issues arise in our family’s and/or student’s adjustment, or student’s school performance. If for any reason we are unable to reach our Support Counselor, we will contact WEP-USA office in Stamford, CT at 1-800-779-3319.
- We understand that our student has spent his/her life in a culture that may be different from our own. We will work with our student to resolve misunderstandings and to solve problems. If a problem remains unresolved, we will contact our Support Counselor.
- We understand that if for any reason our student needs to move out of our house, it may take two to three weeks for our Support Counselor and WEP-USA to find another family.
- We understand that visits with friends and relatives of the student, as well as most student travel, must be approved by WEP-USA office in advance.
- Should a student damage or break any item in the host family home during their stay, their parents will be asked to compensate the family where appropriate. For accidental damages over $500, the host family's household insurance will be expected to cover the cost with the student being asked to pay the deductible. While all reasonable effort will be made to remedy the situation, WEP-USA takes no responsibility for any such damages.
We have read and understood the above guidelines and agree to follow them throughout our participation as a WEP-USA host famiily.
Background check is an essential step of the hiring process. You have to agree to this step before we can proceed further.
Needed to allow future edits and ensure proper security of your data. Your password should be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one digit, one special character, and one upper case character.