||20 to 30 years old
||3, 6, or 10 months
1st Saturday of September, January or April
The program enables an English, Spanish or German native speaker to get a teaching experience in a French primary or secondary school. The language teacher assistant may be asked to fulfil various tasks such as helping pupils develop confidence in speaking and understanding, taking part in class alongside the teacher, providing personal tutoring for pupils, organising conversation-based activities... He/she may have other duties, depending on the specific needs of your school.
The language teacher assistant works from 15 to 20 hours a week, he/ she can be appointed to one or two schools of the same area. The teaching placement can be in any French region, there is no regional choice. It is a paid job with a fixed term contract. (minimum gross wage : 9,61 euros per hour)
Board and lodging is not included in the cost of the program, but it can be organized in a homestay family (with half board during the week and full board on the weekends)
Terms of Participation
- Be between 20 and 30 years old
- Be a EU citizen or be able to get a working Holiday Visa (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan)
- Have a pre-intermediate level in French
- Be willing to work with school teachers
- No teaching experience/degree required but preferable
- Have travel insurance covering sickness, accidents, repatriation and third party liabilityFinancial Terms
Included : placement in one or two French schools • local assistance from WEP • administrative fees • various taxes.
Not included : transfers (arrival, departure) • return transportation • local transportation • accommodation and meals • personal expenses • travel insurance • visa fees (long-stay visa or working holiday visa)
3 months $1,000
6 months $1,300
10 months $1,650
Need more Info?